Friday, December 23, 2011

Peace, Pieces!

All the little pieces
Scattered 'round the floor
Stoop to pick a couple up
There's a couple more

Gather up the pieces
Put them in the box
Here's a bit of ocean
Here's part of the rocks

Peer under the sofa
Reach behind the door
How did this one end up here?
What is that one for?

Sifting, sorting, the multicolored throng
Weighing, wondering, does this one belong?

Many of these pieces
Don't quite seem to fit
And I find I don't feel sure
I'll ever finish it

Trying to piece together
A complete, finished frame
To hang the middle off of
But nothing looks the same

And so I have a bit of sea
Another bit of sky
Some houses here, some beetles there
An eagle perched up high

Weighing, wondering about the parts I see
Placing, piecing all the parts of me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion :)