Saturday, December 10, 2011

Creation

Swirling mass of chaos
Thickly clouding my perceptions
Makes it hard to
See what to do
How to achieve my goals

Forced sensory overload
All the needs and wants and fears
How did you get
Inside my head?
You don't belong to me

Turn attention inward
Take deep breaths and settle down
This work is mine
My chance to shine
Let's take it seriously

Push and pull, stop to ponder
Now the vision's growing stronger
Stretch here, smoosh there
This should go where?
Reflecting my reality

Bring the inside outward
Allow the outside inward
Fold in neatly
Blend completely
See sky while feeling earth

Angst and sweat and toil are past
Here's the vision brought to life
Look here by me
Now do you see
All I meant to say?

Have I finished now?
Can I say I made this?
Contemplate it
Rest for a bit
Tomorrow's another day

3 comments:

  1. This is my third attempt to post a comment - why are they not showing up, or even acknowledged?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said earlier, that you were getting mad skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad, definitely! ;)
    Thanks! Non-rhyming poems can be harder to write than the rhyming kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion :)