Thursday, December 1, 2011

Free Will

Your pain in my heart
Too intertwined to part
Is this really empathy?
Must I cry your tears?
Must I feel your fears?
Is there no place for me?

To serve is to love
What do I know of
Service to my own desires?
If I have no voice
And I see no choice
I'm just like conducting wire

Serving the purpose for which I was made
Building upon the foundation you laid
But never knowing the cost to myself
And never showing it to someone else

But if I want that
Yet choose to stand fast
Out of faithfulness to you
And if I feel loss
Struggling to be boss
Over all I say and do

Doesn't that mean more
When there's a chance for
Selfishness to hold sway?
If I can know me
Yet choose not to be free
That's love that's here to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion :)